From the Editor:
This week we are launching the Cayman Islands Schools Explorer, which we hope will become the country’s go-to information resource on local schools.
Currently under construction, the Schools Explorer will include individual entries on each of the 50-plus schools in Cayman.
You can use the Schools Explorer to find out publicly available data on each school, including basic contact information, student demographics, staffing numbers, performance on government inspections, relevant news content, and more.
We think this information will be useful for parents considering different schools for their children, for parents who want to keep up-to-date on their children’s existing schools, for members of the education community, and, generally, for anyone interested in Cayman’s education system.
The Schools Explorer will grow and features will be added over time. If you see any information that is incorrect, if you notice something that is missing, or if you have ideas to make the Schools Explorer better — please, please, don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
The foundation for this project is the series of data-driven stories we have published this year, primarily based on 2018-2020 school inspection results from the Office of Education Standards.
View the story series here:
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands secondary schools
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands primary schools
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands preschools
- Inspection results: OES data show divided Cayman school system
- Inspection results: Student-teacher ratios
- Analysis: The per-student cost of Cayman Islands schools
- Analysis: Students with Special Education Needs, primary and secondary schools