Due to the results of the 3-5 March inspection, Precious Gems now has an overall rating of ‘Satisfactory’.
Back in November 2019, inspectors had given the private preschool a ‘Weak’ rating and made 6 key recommendations.
Here are the results of the recent Follow-Through Inspection:
- Improve the programmes for well-being and communications: SATISFACTORY
- Review assessment practices: SATISFACTORY
- Provide professional development for staff in positive behaviour management: SATISFACTORY
- Maximise children’s practical hands-on learning time: SATISFACTORY
- Address health and safety issues: SATISFACTORY
- Improve leadership: SATISFACTORY
According to the OES report, “Following the full inspection conducted in November 2019, the preschool leaders and staff had engaged in a process of self-review in order to improve the quality of the preschool’s provision. Consequently, leaders had developed a systematic and rigorous approach to self-evaluation. The preschool leaders had developed a comprehensive self-evaluation that was appropriately aligned to the Successful Students and Achieving Students 2 Framework. This had served to inform the preschool’s priorities for improvement.”
Inspectors found that Precious Gems had proactively implemented responses to all the recommendations and noted significant improvement in all areas.
Established in 2010, Precious Gems has 57 students on roll, including 32 Caymanians.
“As the Precious Gems Preschool was judged to be providing a satisfactory quality of education, the preschool will now join the regular cycle of inspections which commenced in January 2021,” according to the report.