Officials are still investigating reports of alleged misconduct toward students at Red Bay Primary School, a government spokesperson confirmed, more than 6 weeks after the matter was referred to police and the Department of Children and Family Services.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” the Ministry of Education spokesperson said Monday in response to a request for an update on the situation.
On 7 May, the Ministry and Department of Education Services issued a press release stating that the joint Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) had been contacted and that staff reported to be involved were being “relocated from schools until the investigation is completed“.
The 2020/2021 public school year ends 9 July, meaning there is just under 3 weeks of school remaining at Red Bay Primary.
The cachment area for Red Bay Primary coincides with the electoral districts for 4 members of the Progressives’ Opposition.
In response for a request for comment in early May, Red Bay MP Alden McLaughlin and George Town East MP Roy McTaggart both said that it would be inappropriate to comment before the investigation concludes.