Address: 95 Minerva Drive, Camana Bay
Key Contact: Jim Urquhart
Established: October 1994
Inspection Date: January 2020
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Private, Affiliated (ISS)
Number of Students: 770
% Caymanian Students: 22%
% Special Education Needs: NA
Number of Teachers: 99
Number of Support Staff: 42
Student-Teacher Ratio: 7.8
Student-Staff Ratio: 5.5
Age of Students: 2 years to 18 years
- Nursery: 5 Days Per Week, Half-Day $11,550 / 5 Days Per Week, Full-Day $13640 / 3 Days Per Week, Full-Day $8,310 / 2 Days Per Week, Full-Day $5,700
- Pre-K3: 5 Days Per Week, Full-Day $13,640 / 3 Days Per Week, Full-Day $8,310
- Pre-K4: $13,640
- Kindergarten – Grade 2: $16,360
- Grades 3 – 5: $18,870
- Grades 6 – 8: $21,170
- Grades 9 – 12: $22,520
OES Inspection Reports:
- Strategies for COVID, accountability for school leaders at CIS (April 16, 2022) - Cayman International School had put strategies in place to deal with COVID-19, placed accountability on senior leaders and focussed on the mental wellness of students and staff, Office of Education Standards inspectors said.
- ‘Grogu’ and ‘Herbert’ win inter-school robotics competition at the FIRST Tech Challenge 2022 (March 29, 2022) - Two robotics teams from Cayman International School emerged victorious in the FIRST Tech Challenge held 26 March.
- Clifton Hunter High School Holds Fourth Annual Mathematics Championship (March 20, 2022) - Students from nine schools across Grand Cayman converged on Clifton Hunter High School to participate in the fourth annual CHHS Mathematics Competition.
- Weekly Current, 7 Nov. 2021 (November 9, 2021) - Principals' update on COVID in schools, CIS principal on EdBeat, death of public libraries director, and more.
- Principals: New COVID policy effective, testing supply a challenge (November 5, 2021) - One week into the government’s new strategy for COVID-19 in local schools, education and health officials are racing to keep up with demand for ‘quick-response’ testing kits amid a cascade of cases among students and staff.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 11 September 2021