Address: 95 Minerva Drive, Camana Bay
Key Contact: Jim Urquhart
Established: October 1994
Inspection Date: January 2020
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Private, Affiliated (ISS)
Number of Students: 770
% Caymanian Students: 22%
% Special Education Needs: NA
Number of Teachers: 99
Number of Support Staff: 42
Student-Teacher Ratio: 7.8
Student-Staff Ratio: 5.5
Age of Students: 2 years to 18 years
- Nursery: 5 Days Per Week, Half-Day $11,550 / 5 Days Per Week, Full-Day $13640 / 3 Days Per Week, Full-Day $8,310 / 2 Days Per Week, Full-Day $5,700
- Pre-K3: 5 Days Per Week, Full-Day $13,640 / 3 Days Per Week, Full-Day $8,310
- Pre-K4: $13,640
- Kindergarten – Grade 2: $16,360
- Grades 3 – 5: $18,870
- Grades 6 – 8: $21,170
- Grades 9 – 12: $22,520
OES Inspection Reports:
- Black-and-white, or other? Confronting racial divisions in Cayman’s school system (September 24, 2021) - Could the structure of our country’s education system be fostering racial divisions in younger generations that have not previously been a hallmark of Cayman Islands society?
- Cayman International School welcomes students into new high school building (January 7, 2021) - Cayman International School opened the doors of its new high school building this week, welcoming 160 returning high school students in grades nine through 12.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands preschools (January 6, 2021) - These 2 infographics show the inspection results for Early Childhood Care and Education Centres, as well as schools that offer 'Early Years' education.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands primary schools (January 1, 2021) - This infographic shows the primary schools’ inspection results in 18 individual categories, as well as the overall school rating.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands secondary schools (December 31, 2020) - This infographic shows the secondary schools' inspection results in 18 individual categories, as well as the overall school rating.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 11 September 2021