Address: 515 Walkers Road, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Mrs. Delores Thompson
Inspection Date: February 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 219
% Caymanian Students: 90%
% Special Education Needs: 32%
Number of Teachers: 20
Number of Support Staff: 5
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.8 : 1
Age of Students: 16-18 years
OES Inspection Reports:
- CIFEC official start date 13 Sept. (September 9, 2021) - The official start date for CIFEC is Monday, 13 Sept.
- Department of Education Services Releases Start Dates for New Academic Year (August 16, 2021) - The Department of Education Services has released the dates when government schools on all three islands will reopen for regularly enrolled students.
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
- On Education: Roy McTaggart, George Town East (April 5, 2021) - Elaborating on education plans in the Progressives' manifesto, McTaggart discusses a new governance model for education, a new high school curriculum, completing the new John Gray campus, reforming early years education, expanding TVET and more.
- Progressives Manifesto: Complete new John Gray, create ‘skills strategy’, every public school to be rated ‘Good’ (April 1, 2021) - The Progressives and their allies are prioritising 3 goals related to education: Complete the new John Gray project, create a ‘skills strategy’ to ‘match future skills to future jobs’, and have every public school rated ‘Good’ or better.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 21 February 2021