Back to the Schools Explorer homepage
Address: 515 Walkers Road, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Pedro Lazzari
Inspection Date: February 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 219
% Caymanian Students: 90%
% Special Education Needs: 32%
Number of Teachers: 20
Number of Support Staff: 5
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.8 : 1
Age of Students: 16-18 years
OES Inspection Reports:
- COVID: Cayman schools dealing with student absences, learning loss (May 28, 2022) - Cayman Islands schools have been trying to manage COVID-19 related absences and associated learning loss during this school year, with varying degrees of success.
- CIFEC managing learning gaps in Maths, increased anxiety in students (March 24, 2022) - Staff at CIFEC were attempting to address student learning gaps in advance of external exams, particularly in Mathematics. At the same time, they were focussed on supporting the mental wellness of students who were increasingly demonstrating anxiety.
- Public school enrolment and capacity, updated for Fall 2021 (October 29, 2021) - We've updated our earlier analysis of public school enrolment and capacity to reflect September 2021 student numbers.
- New NCVO daycare director envisions quality education for all children (September 23, 2021) - After nearly a decade leading CIFEC, Delores Thompson has stepped into a new role, focussed on a much younger demographic.
- CIFEC official start date 13 Sept. (September 9, 2021) - The official start date for CIFEC is Monday, 13 Sept.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 31 January 2022