Address: Primary: 242 Smith Road, George Town; Secondary: 559 Walkers Road, George Town. PO Box 10013
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Key Contacts: Ms. Debra McLaughlin, Mr. Robin Davies, Mr. Karl Murphy
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Private, Religious
Number of Students: 1,007
% Caymanian Students: 69%
% Special Education Needs: 11%
Number of Teachers: 90
Number of Support Staff: 38
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11.2 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 7.9 : 1
Age of Students: 4 to 18 years
- KG-Y6: $10,700
- Y7-Y9: $11,615
- Y10-Y11: $12,300
- Y12-Y13: $13,580
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, March 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, March 2019
- Principals: New COVID policy effective, testing supply a challenge (November 5, 2021) - One week into the government’s new strategy for COVID-19 in local schools, education and health officials are racing to keep up with demand for ‘quick-response’ testing kits amid a cascade of cases among students and staff.
- Cayman Prep rated ‘Good’ overall, with majority of ratings as ‘Excellent’ (June 11, 2021) - Cayman Prep improved in multiple areas from its last inspection and was rated particularly strong at the older grade levels.
- The Department of Education Services (DES) Hosts the 16th Annual Amin Mohammed Steel band Competition (May 21, 2021) - The John Gray High School Auditorium came alive with the melodic sounds of steel pan music on Saturday night as the Department of Education Services hosted the 16th annual Amin Mohammed Steel band Competition.
- Teachers feeling pressure from COVID-19 ‘learning gap’, compressed semester, school inspections (April 23, 2021) - Some public school teachers are reporting a decline in student performance and behaviour this year, following last spring’s COVID-19 lockdown.
- Red Bay Primary School Wins Inter-Primary Sports Meet (March 25, 2021) - Red Bay Primary School won the 2021 Inter-Primary Schools Sports Meet ahead of 19 other schools.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 11 June 2021