Address: 311 Frank Sound Road, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Dr. Richard Wildman
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 785
% Caymanian Students: 87%
% Special Education Needs: 23%
Number of Teachers: 79
Number of Support Staff: 10
Student-Teacher Ratio: 9.9 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.8 : 1
Age of Students: Age 11 to 16 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $12,825
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Second Follow-Through Inspection Report, November 2019
- First Follow-Through Inspection Report, March 2019
- Full Inspection Report, September 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, September 2018
- Inspectors rate Clifton Hunter as ‘Satisfactory’, say teaching spaces are ‘often less than ideal’ (June 9, 2021) - Clifton Hunter posted improved results in most individual areas of assessment. Inspectors noted that spaces were 'often less than ideal' for teaching at the school built for $110 million.
- Minister for Education Congratulates Local Students for Achieving Regional Merit Status in 2020 CSEC Exams (June 6, 2021) - Sixteen public school students made the Caribbean Secondary Education Council merit list for their exemplary performance in four subjects in the 2020 examinations.
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
- Delay in CXC Examination Start Date (May 27, 2021) - The Ministry of Education announces that the 2021 sitting of the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate Examinations will commence on Monday 28 June, a slight delay from the previously announced 14 June 2021 start date.
- The Department of Education Services (DES) Hosts the 16th Annual Amin Mohammed Steel band Competition (May 21, 2021) - The John Gray High School Auditorium came alive with the melodic sounds of steel pan music on Saturday night as the Department of Education Services hosted the 16th annual Amin Mohammed Steel band Competition.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 9 June 2021