Address: 311 Frank Sound Road, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Dr. Richard Wildman
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 785
% Caymanian Students: 87%
% Special Education Needs: 23%
Number of Teachers: 79
Number of Support Staff: 10
Student-Teacher Ratio: 9.9 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.8 : 1
Age of Students: Age 11 to 16 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $12,825
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Second Follow-Through Inspection Report, November 2019
- First Follow-Through Inspection Report, March 2019
- Full Inspection Report, September 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, September 2018
- Schools’ COVID response: Assurances, optional masks, limiting crowds (September 10, 2021) - Following Thursday’s confirmation of two positive COVID cases in the Cayman Islands community, schools emphasised existing health procedures but also took steps to limit crowds of students indoors.
- Department of Education Services Releases Start Dates for New Academic Year (August 16, 2021) - The Department of Education Services has released the dates when government schools on all three islands will reopen for regularly enrolled students.
- MP Conolly Congratulates Schools On Inspection Report Improvements (June 17, 2021) - Opposition Education Spokesperson Barbara Conolly congratulates the public high schools for their recent inspection reports.
- What’s the value of a Cayman Islands high school diploma? (June 17, 2021) - Last year nearly half of graduates received a diploma that the government considers to be equivalent to a ‘middle school’ qualification -- and that can be obtained by scoring ‘straight Fs’ on external exams.
- Inspectors rate Clifton Hunter as ‘Satisfactory’, say teaching spaces are ‘often less than ideal’ (June 9, 2021) - Clifton Hunter posted improved results in most individual areas of assessment. Inspectors noted that spaces were 'often less than ideal' for teaching at the school built for $110 million.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 9 June 2021