Address: 311 Frank Sound Road, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Dr. Richard Wildman
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 785
% Caymanian Students: 87%
% Special Education Needs: 23%
Number of Teachers: 79
Number of Support Staff: 10
Student-Teacher Ratio: 9.9 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.8 : 1
Age of Students: Age 11 to 16 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $12,825
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Second Follow-Through Inspection Report, November 2019
- First Follow-Through Inspection Report, March 2019
- Full Inspection Report, September 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, September 2018
- Beyond the classroom: Cayman schools respond to COVID’s impact on students, families (June 5, 2022) - The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on Cayman Islands schools are not limited to what occurs in the classroom – or via remote learning.
- COVID: Cayman schools dealing with student absences, learning loss (May 28, 2022) - Cayman Islands schools have been trying to manage COVID-19 related absences and associated learning loss during this school year, with varying degrees of success.
- Clifton Hunter hosts Career Fair (May 5, 2022) - Thirty-four local employers, educational establishments, government agencies, and community partners showcased their organisations' work during Clifton Hunter High School's Career Fair held in its auditorium 29 April.
- Data Report 2021: Clifton Hunter significantly outperforms John Gray on Year 11 exams (April 27, 2022) - Year 11 students at Clifton Hunter significantly outperformed students at John Gray on 2021 external exams, following a period of 2 years where John Gray had nearly closed the gap in test scores.
- Data Report 2021: Year 11 exam scores regress to previous levels (April 19, 2022) - After a spike in test scores in 2020, Year 11 exam results for Cayman Islands public high schools in 2021 regressed to previous levels, with only Clifton Hunter beating its marks from 2019.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 9 June 2021