Back to the Schools Explorer homepage
Address: 170 Spot Bay Road, Cayman Brac
Key Contact: Margaret Juman
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 95
% Caymanian Students: 85%
% Special Education Needs: 34%
Number of Teachers: 10
Number of Support Staff: 10
Student-Teacher Ratio: 9.5 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 4.8 : 1
Age of Students: 3 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $13,787
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, January 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, January 2019
- O’Connor-Connolly: Public Nursery classes still on government’s agenda (June 14, 2022) - The Cayman government still intends to establish Nursery classes in all public primary schools, starting in Grand Cayman with Red Bay Primary School.
- Data Report 2021: Performance varies greatly among public primary schools (May 3, 2022) - The level of student performance varies significantly among Cayman Islands public primary schools, with differences in results only partly explained by assessments of students’ pre-existing “thinking abilities”, according to the Education Data Report 2021.
- New leadership at Creek and Spot Bay Primary help keep staff, student attitudes positive (March 31, 2022) - Under the leadership of a new principal and deputy principal, Creek and Spot Bay Primary School has maintained positive attitudes among staff and students during the pandemic, a school inspector said.
- Schools’ COVID response: Assurances, optional masks, limiting crowds (September 10, 2021) - Following Thursday’s confirmation of two positive COVID cases in the Cayman Islands community, schools emphasised existing health procedures but also took steps to limit crowds of students indoors.
- Creek and Spot Bay Primary remains ‘Satisfactory’ (June 16, 2021) - Creek and Spot Bay Primary School received a second 'Satisfactory' rating from inspectors, largely maintaining its individual grades while improving in a few areas.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 31 March 2022