Address: 170 Spot Bay Road, Cayman Brac
Key Contact: Claudette Lazzari
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 95
% Caymanian Students: 85%
% Special Education Needs: 34%
Number of Teachers: 10
Number of Support Staff: 10
Student-Teacher Ratio: 9.5 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 4.8 : 1
Age of Students: 3 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $13,787
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, January 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, January 2019
- Schools’ COVID response: Assurances, optional masks, limiting crowds (September 10, 2021) - Following Thursday’s confirmation of two positive COVID cases in the Cayman Islands community, schools emphasised existing health procedures but also took steps to limit crowds of students indoors.
- Creek and Spot Bay Primary remains ‘Satisfactory’ (June 16, 2021) - Creek and Spot Bay Primary School received a second 'Satisfactory' rating from inspectors, largely maintaining its individual grades while improving in a few areas.
- Analysis: Student performance varies widely at public primary schools (May 3, 2021) - How prepared a student is for high school could depend on which public primary school they attend.
- Crowded classrooms or empty hallways? A Current analysis of public school enrolment and capacity (March 15, 2021) - Grand Cayman’s public secondary schools are at more than 90% of their maximum capacity, meaning that they could accommodate fewer than 200 additional students who wish to enrol.
- New playing fields for Cayman Brac primary schools (February 28, 2021) - On Saturday, Cayman Brac's Creek & Spot Bay Primary Schools celebrated the official opening of their new playing fields.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 16 June 2021