Back to the Schools Explorer homepage
Address: 17 Eastland Drive, East End, Grand Cayman
Phone: 345-947-7428 or 345-938-8971
Key Contact: Ms. Allison Greaves
Inspection Date: January 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 88
% Caymanian Students: 89%
% Special Education Needs: NA
Number of Teachers: 7
Number of Support Staff: 5
Student-Teacher Ratio: 12.6 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 7.3 : 1
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $11,147
OES Inspection Reports:
- COVID: Cayman schools dealing with student absences, learning loss (May 28, 2022) - Cayman Islands schools have been trying to manage COVID-19 related absences and associated learning loss during this school year, with varying degrees of success.
- Data Report 2021: Performance varies greatly among public primary schools (May 3, 2022) - The level of student performance varies significantly among Cayman Islands public primary schools, with differences in results only partly explained by assessments of students’ pre-existing “thinking abilities”, according to the Education Data Report 2021.
- Clifton Hunter High School Holds Fourth Annual Mathematics Championship (March 20, 2022) - Students from nine schools across Grand Cayman converged on Clifton Hunter High School to participate in the fourth annual CHHS Mathematics Competition.
- East End Primary hit by significant student absences in Fall 2021, learning loss (February 12, 2022) - East End Primary School has faced significant challenges during the COVID pandemic, including student absences, staff shortages and learning loss in all core subjects. However, school leadership and staff have maintained 'exemplary' attitudes and implemented responses to the issues.
- Minister for Education Continues School Tours (July 13, 2021) - A team led by Minister for Education Juliana O'Connor-Connolly paid a visit to the East End Primary School as part of an ongoing tour of government primary and secondary schools.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 14 February 2021