Address: 17 Eastland Drive, East End, Grand Cayman
Phone: 345-947-7428 or 345-938-8971
Key Contact: Ms. Allison Greaves
Inspection Date: January 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 88
% Caymanian Students: 89%
% Special Education Needs: NA
Number of Teachers: 7
Number of Support Staff: 5
Student-Teacher Ratio: 12.6 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 7.3 : 1
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $11,147
OES Inspection Reports:
- Minister for Education Continues School Tours (July 13, 2021) - A team led by Minister for Education Juliana O'Connor-Connolly paid a visit to the East End Primary School as part of an ongoing tour of government primary and secondary schools.
- Analysis: Student performance varies widely at public primary schools (May 3, 2021) - How prepared a student is for high school could depend on which public primary school they attend.
- Crowded classrooms or empty hallways? A Current analysis of public school enrolment and capacity (March 15, 2021) - Grand Cayman’s public secondary schools are at more than 90% of their maximum capacity, meaning that they could accommodate fewer than 200 additional students who wish to enrol.
- Chamber forum: East End candidates discuss depoliticising, decentralising education system (March 9, 2021) - The three candidates for East End highlighted education as one of the top issues facing the country, criticising the top-down approach that changes with every new elected government.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands primary schools (January 1, 2021) - This infographic shows the primary schools’ inspection results in 18 individual categories, as well as the overall school rating.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 14 February 2021