Address: 907 North Side Road, P.O Box 380, Grand Cayman. KY1-1701
Key Contact: Ms. Danielle Duran
Inspection Date: February 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 94
% Caymanian Students: 85%
% Special Education Needs: NA
Number of Teachers: 10
Number of Support Staff: 5
Student-Teacher Ratio: 9.4
Student-Staff Ratio: 6.3
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $12,243
OES Inspection Reports:
- Clifton Hunter High School Holds Fourth Annual Mathematics Championship (March 20, 2022) - Students from nine schools across Grand Cayman converged on Clifton Hunter High School to participate in the fourth annual CHHS Mathematics Competition.
- Edna Moyle Primary focusses on mental wellness of students, staff amid a ‘family’ atmosphere (February 25, 2022) - Leaders at Edna M. Moyle Primary School have focussed on the mental well-being of students and staff through the pandemic, while maintaining a positive and familial atmosphere in the school.
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
- Analysis: Student performance varies widely at public primary schools (May 3, 2021) - How prepared a student is for high school could depend on which public primary school they attend.
- Crowded classrooms or empty hallways? A Current analysis of public school enrolment and capacity (March 15, 2021) - Grand Cayman’s public secondary schools are at more than 90% of their maximum capacity, meaning that they could accommodate fewer than 200 additional students who wish to enrol.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 14 February 2021