Address: 907 North Side Road, P.O Box 380, Grand Cayman. KY1-1701
Key Contact: Ms. Danielle Duran
Inspection Date: February 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 94
% Caymanian Students: 85%
% Special Education Needs: NA
Number of Teachers: 10
Number of Support Staff: 5
Student-Teacher Ratio: 9.4
Student-Staff Ratio: 6.3
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $12,243
OES Inspection Reports:
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
- Analysis: Student performance varies widely at public primary schools (May 3, 2021) - How prepared a student is for high school could depend on which public primary school they attend.
- Crowded classrooms or empty hallways? A Current analysis of public school enrolment and capacity (March 15, 2021) - Grand Cayman’s public secondary schools are at more than 90% of their maximum capacity, meaning that they could accommodate fewer than 200 additional students who wish to enrol.
- Chamber forum: North Side candidates talk about school governance, other education issues (March 10, 2021) - Decentralised school governance, STEM education, vocational training and parental involvement were all topics raised during the North Side candidates forum on Tuesday.
- North Side candidates focus on vocational training, parental involvement, STEM (March 8, 2021) - The four candidates for North Side found some common ground on the subject of education, but also expressed key differences in a debate Monday morning.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 14 February 2021