Back to the Schools Explorer homepage
Address: 920 Crewe Road, George Town, Cayman Islands KY1-1003
Key Contact: Janet Durksen
Inspection Date: April 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Private, Religious
Associated: First Baptist Wee Care
Number of Students: 133
% Caymanian Students: 64%
% Special Education Needs: 8%
Number of Teachers: 12
Number of Support Staff: 4
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.3 : 1
Age of Students: 5 to 11 years
Annual Tuition: $9,025
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, April 2021
- Follow-Through Inspection Report, February 2020
- Full Inspection Report, March 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, March 2019
- First Baptist responds to COVID with new staff, flexibility, technology (March 14, 2022) - First Baptist Christian School has adapted to COVID by supplementing staff, introducing flexibility and adopting new technology, an inspector said.
- COVID update: Virus detected at Savannah primary (October 5, 2021) - Students from Red Bay Primary and First Baptist Christian School have now tested positive for the virus.
- First Baptist retains ‘Satisfactory’ rating (June 1, 2021) - First Baptist Christian School improved in several areas during its latest inspection, but maintained its overall rating of 'Satisfactory'.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands preschools (January 6, 2021) - These 2 infographics show the inspection results for Early Childhood Care and Education Centres, as well as schools that offer 'Early Years' education.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands primary schools (January 1, 2021) - This infographic shows the primary schools’ inspection results in 18 individual categories, as well as the overall school rating.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 1 June 2021