Address: 168 School Road, George Town, Grand Cayman
Phone: (345) 949-2689
Key Contact: Ms. Sharon Campbell-Danvers
Inspection Date: November 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 278
% Caymanian Students: 94%
% Special Education Needs: 49%
Number of Teachers: 19
Number of Support Staff: 13
Student-Teacher Ratio: 14.6 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.7 : 1
Age of Students: 5 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $10,498
OES Inspection Reports:
- COVID-19 UPDATE: 18 total George Town Primary students test positive (September 18, 2021) - The total number of students testing positive in the COVID outbreak in George Town Primary School is 18, plus three adults.
- EdBeat: Episode 14 (September 17, 2021) - Patrick and April talk about COVID-19 outbreak at George Town Primary School, and there's a guest appearance from Kathleen Spencer of Homeschool Cayman who says it's been 'business as usual' during the pandemic.
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
- Analysis: Student performance varies widely at public primary schools (May 3, 2021) - How prepared a student is for high school could depend on which public primary school they attend.
- Crowded classrooms or empty hallways? A Current analysis of public school enrolment and capacity (March 15, 2021) - Grand Cayman’s public secondary schools are at more than 90% of their maximum capacity, meaning that they could accommodate fewer than 200 additional students who wish to enrol.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 15 February 2021