Back to the Schools Explorer homepage
Address: 168 School Road, George Town, Grand Cayman
Phone: (345) 949-2689
Key Contact: Ms. Sharon Campbell-Danvers
Inspection Date: November 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 278
% Caymanian Students: 94%
% Special Education Needs: 49%
Number of Teachers: 19
Number of Support Staff: 13
Student-Teacher Ratio: 14.6 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.7 : 1
Age of Students: 5 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $10,498
OES Inspection Reports:
- Beyond the classroom: Cayman schools respond to COVID’s impact on students, families (June 5, 2022) - The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on Cayman Islands schools are not limited to what occurs in the classroom – or via remote learning.
- Data Report 2021: Performance varies greatly among public primary schools (May 3, 2022) - The level of student performance varies significantly among Cayman Islands public primary schools, with differences in results only partly explained by assessments of students’ pre-existing “thinking abilities”, according to the Education Data Report 2021.
- Many of Cayman’s teachers ‘exhausted’, ‘burnt out’ by COVID pandemic (April 8, 2022) - Teaching in the Cayman Islands during the COVID-19 pandemic has been, in a word, ‘exhausting’. Many of the country's teachers say their current workloads are simply not sustainable, according to school inspectors' reports.
- Extra efforts during COVID have George Town Primary staff feeling ‘overwhelmed and burnt out’ (February 16, 2022) - Leadership and staff at George Town Primary School have been working diligently throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, but those extra efforts have caused educators to feel "overwhelmed and burnt out".
- Public school enrolment and capacity, updated for Fall 2021 (October 29, 2021) - We've updated our earlier analysis of public school enrolment and capacity to reflect September 2021 student numbers.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 15 February 2021