Address: Grand Harbour. Units 1 to 8, Crewe Road, Grand Cayman, KY1-1205
Key Contact: Dr. Samantha Tibbetts
Inspection Date: December 2020
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Private, Independent
Number of Students: 106
% Caymanian Students: 70%
% Special Education Needs: 84%
Number of Teachers: 16
Number of Support Staff: 29
Student-Teacher Ratio: 6.6 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 2.4 : 1
Age of Students: 5 to 18 years
Annual Tuition: Hope Academy uses a ‘Tier System’ for tuition, to account for additional resources that may be required to meet a student’s individual needs.
- Tier 1: $13,680
- Tier 2: $16,608
- Tier 3: $19,776
- Tier 4: $24,000
- Tier 5: $28,800
- Tier 6: $45,000
OES Inspection Reports:
- COVID: Cayman schools dealing with student absences, learning loss (May 28, 2022) - Cayman Islands schools have been trying to manage COVID-19 related absences and associated learning loss during this school year, with varying degrees of success.
- Hope Academy focusses on mental well-being, adapting to pandemic (February 14, 2022) - Hope Academy has focussed on the mental well-being of students and staff through the pandemic, and educators have tried to adapt to COVID-19 using technology and other strategies. The pandemic has impacted the school in terms of staff turnover and negatively affected some students' academic performance.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands primary schools (January 1, 2021) - This infographic shows the primary schools’ inspection results in 18 individual categories, as well as the overall school rating.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands secondary schools (December 31, 2020) - This infographic shows the secondary schools' inspection results in 18 individual categories, as well as the overall school rating.
- Weekly Current, 20 Dec. 2020 (December 21, 2020) - 'Weak' leadership affects St. Ignatius rating, final batch of school inspections published, interview with 'Excellent' school leaders, and more!
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 11 February 2021