Address: 73 Academy Way, George Town, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Principal Jon Clark
Established: January 1949
Inspection Date: April 2021
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 1,100
% Caymanian Students: 70%
% Special Education Needs: 20%
Number of Teachers: 94
Number of Support Staff: 12
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11.7 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 10.3 : 1
Age of Students: 11-16 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $11,472
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, April 2021
- Full Inspection Report, October 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, October 2018
- Project A of the New John Gray High School Completed (September 3, 2021) - The first part of the new John Gray High School, including areas for technical, STEM and performing arts education, has been completed and officially handed over to school officials.
- Department of Education Services Releases Start Dates for New Academic Year (August 16, 2021) - The Department of Education Services has released the dates when government schools on all three islands will reopen for regularly enrolled students.
- Panel: Mentors needed more than ever as Cayman’s children struggle with COVID-19 lockdown, economic pressures (August 1, 2021) - The COVID-19 shutdown has had a significant negative impact on vulnerable young people in the Cayman Islands, manifesting as mental health issues, substance abuse, learning gaps, etc.
- John Gray High School Celebrates ‘Good’ Rating (June 30, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O'Connor-Connolly joined students and staff in the John Gray High School Gymnasium to celebrate the school's 'Good' rating in the April 2021 Office of Education Standards inspection.
- MP Conolly Congratulates Schools On Inspection Report Improvements (June 17, 2021) - Opposition Education Spokesperson Barbara Conolly congratulates the public high schools for their recent inspection reports.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 31 May 2021