Address: 73 Academy Way, George Town, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Principal Jon Clark
Established: January 1949
Inspection Date: April 2021
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 1,100
% Caymanian Students: 70%
% Special Education Needs: 20%
Number of Teachers: 94
Number of Support Staff: 12
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11.7 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 10.3 : 1
Age of Students: 11-16 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $11,472
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, April 2021
- Full Inspection Report, October 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, October 2018
- Minister for Education Congratulates Local Students for Achieving Regional Merit Status in 2020 CSEC Exams (June 6, 2021) - Sixteen public school students made the Caribbean Secondary Education Council merit list for their exemplary performance in four subjects in the 2020 examinations.
- EdBeat: Episode Two (June 4, 2021) - Cayman Life TV founder April Cummings and Current editor Patrick Brendel talk about recently published school inspection reports, including the 'Good' grade achieved by John Gray High School.
- John Gray first mainstream public school to achieve ‘Good’ rating (May 31, 2021) - Inspectors said "Almost all aspects of the school have improved".
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
- Delay in CXC Examination Start Date (May 27, 2021) - The Ministry of Education announces that the 2021 sitting of the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate Examinations will commence on Monday 28 June, a slight delay from the previously announced 14 June 2021 start date.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 31 May 2021