Address: 73 Academy Way, George Town, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Principal Jon Clark
Established: January 1949
Inspection Date: April 2021
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 1,100
% Caymanian Students: 70%
% Special Education Needs: 20%
Number of Teachers: 94
Number of Support Staff: 12
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11.7 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 10.3 : 1
Age of Students: 11-16 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $11,472
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, April 2021
- Full Inspection Report, October 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, October 2018
- Public schools celebrate Class of 2021 graduates (December 10, 2021) - The Cayman Islands’ three public secondary schools held commencement ceremonies over the past few weeks for the graduating Class of 2021.
- John Gray High School Graduates Excel in External Exams (December 6, 2021) - Hundreds of family members, friends and well-wishers logged on to Facebook and YouTube to view John Gray High School's 2021 graduation ceremony held in its gymnasium under the theme, 'Oh the Places You Will Go!'
- Department of Education Services Concerned About John Gray High School Incident (November 11, 2021) - Officials are concerned about a video shared on social media that shows a physical altercation between a group of John Gray High School students.
- Public school enrolment and capacity, updated for Fall 2021 (October 29, 2021) - We've updated our earlier analysis of public school enrolment and capacity to reflect September 2021 student numbers.
- COVID-19 outbreak closes all Grand Cayman public schools early for midterm break (October 6, 2021) - John Gray and Clifton Hunter close Thursday, 7 Oct. Primary schools close Monday, 11 Oct. All schools reopen 25 Oct.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 31 May 2021