Back to the Schools Explorer homepage
Address: 73 Academy Way, George Town, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Principal Jon Clark
Established: January 1949
Inspection Date: April 2021
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 1,100
% Caymanian Students: 70%
% Special Education Needs: 20%
Number of Teachers: 94
Number of Support Staff: 12
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11.7 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 10.3 : 1
Age of Students: 11-16 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $11,472
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, April 2021
- Full Inspection Report, October 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, October 2018
- COVID: Cayman schools dealing with student absences, learning loss (May 28, 2022) - Cayman Islands schools have been trying to manage COVID-19 related absences and associated learning loss during this school year, with varying degrees of success.
- Data Report 2021: Clifton Hunter significantly outperforms John Gray on Year 11 exams (April 27, 2022) - Year 11 students at Clifton Hunter significantly outperformed students at John Gray on 2021 external exams, following a period of 2 years where John Gray had nearly closed the gap in test scores.
- Data Report 2021: Year 11 exam scores regress to previous levels (April 19, 2022) - After a spike in test scores in 2020, Year 11 exam results for Cayman Islands public high schools in 2021 regressed to previous levels, with only Clifton Hunter beating its marks from 2019.
- John Gray High School Retains Title as Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Champions for 5th Year (March 30, 2022) - John Gray High School retained its place as Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Champions for the fifth consecutive year after three days of intense competition at the Truman Bodden Sports Complex.
- ‘Grogu’ and ‘Herbert’ win inter-school robotics competition at the FIRST Tech Challenge 2022 (March 29, 2022) - Two robotics teams from Cayman International School emerged victorious in the FIRST Tech Challenge held 26 March.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 31 May 2021