Address: 941 A Dennis Foster Road, Cayman Brac
Key Contact: Devon Brown
Established: January 1967
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 153
% Caymanian Students: 83%
% Special Education Needs: 28%
Number of Teachers: 24
Number of Support Staff: 4
Student-Teacher Ratio: 6.4 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 5.5 : 1
Age of Students: 11 to 17 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $19,337
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, October 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, October 2018
- Beyond the classroom: Cayman schools respond to COVID’s impact on students, families (June 5, 2022) - The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on Cayman Islands schools are not limited to what occurs in the classroom – or via remote learning.
- COVID: Cayman schools dealing with student absences, learning loss (May 28, 2022) - Cayman Islands schools have been trying to manage COVID-19 related absences and associated learning loss during this school year, with varying degrees of success.
- Data Report 2021: Clifton Hunter significantly outperforms John Gray on Year 11 exams (April 27, 2022) - Year 11 students at Clifton Hunter significantly outperformed students at John Gray on 2021 external exams, following a period of 2 years where John Gray had nearly closed the gap in test scores.
- Data Report 2021: Year 11 exam scores regress to previous levels (April 19, 2022) - After a spike in test scores in 2020, Year 11 exam results for Cayman Islands public high schools in 2021 regressed to previous levels, with only Clifton Hunter beating its marks from 2019.
- Layman Scott identifies, addresses COVID-related learning loss (March 30, 2022) - Educators at Layman E Scott High School identified learning loss in students during the pandemic, but initiatives such as extending the school day had enabled students to make up that deficit, a school inspector said.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 7 June 2021