Address: 941 A Dennis Foster Road, Cayman Brac
Key Contact: Devon Brown
Established: January 1967
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 153
% Caymanian Students: 83%
% Special Education Needs: 28%
Number of Teachers: 24
Number of Support Staff: 4
Student-Teacher Ratio: 6.4 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 5.5 : 1
Age of Students: 11 to 17 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $19,337
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, October 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, October 2018
- Public schools celebrate Class of 2021 graduates (December 10, 2021) - The Cayman Islands’ three public secondary schools held commencement ceremonies over the past few weeks for the graduating Class of 2021.
- Layman Scott High School Graduates Urged to be Persistent in their Efforts (November 28, 2021) - A small group of family members and friends gathered to participate in Layman E. Scott High School's 2021 graduation ceremony held under the theme, 'There Is No End, Only New Beginnings'.
- CXC results, high school graduation dates delayed (October 6, 2021) - Cayman Islands high schools have adjusted their graduation dates due to the proposed release of CXC results on 11 Oct.
- Layman E. Scott Snr High School Celebrates ‘Good’ Rating (July 14, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O'Connor-Connolly joined students and staff at Layman Scott High School to celebrate the school's 'Good' rating in the May 2021 Office of Education Standards inspection.
- MP Conolly Congratulates Schools On Inspection Report Improvements (June 17, 2021) - Opposition Education Spokesperson Barbara Conolly congratulates the public high schools for their recent inspection reports.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 7 June 2021