Address: 941 A Dennis Foster Road, Cayman Brac
Key Contact: Devon Brown
Established: January 1967
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Good
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 153
% Caymanian Students: 83%
% Special Education Needs: 28%
Number of Teachers: 24
Number of Support Staff: 4
Student-Teacher Ratio: 6.4 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 5.5 : 1
Age of Students: 11 to 17 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $19,337
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, October 2018
- Summary Inspection Report, October 2018
- MP Conolly Congratulates Schools On Inspection Report Improvements (June 17, 2021) - Opposition Education Spokesperson Barbara Conolly congratulates the public high schools for their recent inspection reports.
- What’s the value of a Cayman Islands high school diploma? (June 17, 2021) - Last year nearly half of graduates received a diploma that the government considers to be equivalent to a ‘middle school’ qualification -- and that can be obtained by scoring ‘straight Fs’ on external exams.
- EdBeat: Episode Three (June 14, 2021) - Cayman Life TV founder April Cummings and Current editor Patrick Brendel talk about Layman Scott's 'Good' rating and the differences in education on Cayman Brac.
- Let the ‘Good’ times roll: Layman Scott third public school to meet expected standards (June 7, 2021) - Layman E. Scott Sr. High School on Cayman Brac improved in 14 of 18 individual areas, receiving 'Good' ratings across the board.
- Delay in CXC Examination Start Date (May 27, 2021) - The Ministry of Education announces that the 2021 sitting of the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate Examinations will commence on Monday 28 June, a slight delay from the previously announced 14 June 2021 start date.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 7 June 2021