Back to the Schools Explorer homepage
Address: 39 Columbus Close, off Walker’s Road, Grand Cayman
Key Contacts: Lesley Maddock, Joanna Boxall
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Excellent
Type of School: Private, Independent
Number of Students: 85
% Caymanian Students: 29%
% Special Education Needs: 11%
Number of Teachers: 3
Number of Support Staff: 11
Student-Teacher Ratio: 28.3 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 6.1 : 1
Age of Students: 18 months to 5 years
- Half-Day $10,235 / Full-Day $12,363
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, January 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, January 2019
- New NCVO daycare director envisions quality education for all children (September 23, 2021) - After nearly a decade leading CIFEC, Delores Thompson has stepped into a new role, focussed on a much younger demographic.
- Top of the class: Little Trotters rated ‘Excellent’ in all areas (June 2, 2021) - Little Trotters has repeated -- and improved upon -- its accomplishment of receiving the highest overall grade of 'Excellent' from school inspectors.
- Weekly Current, 7 Feb. 2021 (February 8, 2021) - Sneak Peek at Schools Explorer, new owner of Little Trotters, interview with Cayman Academy Principal, Rite Start inspection report, and more!
- Acorn Media founder buys Little Trotters preschool (February 1, 2021) - Little Trotters Farm & Nursery School has been sold to Joanna Boxall, the founder of Acorn Media.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands preschools (January 6, 2021) - These 2 infographics show the inspection results for Early Childhood Care and Education Centres, as well as schools that offer 'Early Years' education.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 2 June 2021