Address: 277 Prospect Point Rd, P.O. Box 11747, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Ms. Debora Thompson and Ms. Kourtni Jackson
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Excellent
Type of School: Private, Independent
Number of Students: 140
% Caymanian Students: 45%
% Special Education Needs: 6%
Number of Teachers: 21
Number of Support Staff: 1
Student-Teacher Ratio: 6.7 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 6.4 : 1
Age of Students: 21 months to 12 years
- Toddler (21 months to 3 years): Half-Day $10,492 / Full-Day $11,685
- Casa (Pre-K and Kindergarten): Half-Day $10,296 / Full-Day $11,397
- Lower and Upper Elementary (Grades 1-6): $11,694
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, March 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, March 2019
- An interview with … Deborah Thompson and Denise Orosa, Montessori By The Sea (2 of 2) (July 23, 2021) - Deborah Thompson and Denise Orosa of Montessori By The Sea talk about achieving the school’s rating of ‘Excellent’, plans going forward, and misconceptions about Montessori education.
- An interview with … Deborah Thompson and Denise Orosa, Montessori By The Sea (1 of 2) (July 2, 2021) - Deborah Thompson and Denise Orosa of Montessori By The Sea talk about the school's founding in 2000 and the experience this year following the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Perfect score: Montessori by the Sea earns ‘Excellent’ marks across the board (June 1, 2021) - Montessori by the Sea aced its recent school inspection, achieving the highest rating of 'Excellent' while earning 'Excellent' marks in every single individual category.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands preschools (January 6, 2021) - These 2 infographics show the inspection results for Early Childhood Care and Education Centres, as well as schools that offer 'Early Years' education.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands primary schools (January 1, 2021) - This infographic shows the primary schools’ inspection results in 18 individual categories, as well as the overall school rating.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 1 June 2021