Address: 369 Walkers Road, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Ms. Victoria Nelson
Inspection Date: March 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Private, Independent
Number of Students: 57
% Caymanian Students: 56%
% Special Education Needs: 4%
Number of Teachers: 11
Number of Support Staff: 1
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11.4 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 4.8 : 1
Age of Students: 5 months-4.5 years
Annual Tuition: NA
Progress on OES Recommendations, March 2021: SATISFACTORY
- Improve the programmes for well-being and communications: SATISFACTORY
- Review assessment practices: SATISFACTORY
- Provide professional development for staff in positive behaviour management: SATISFACTORY
- Maximise children’s practical hands-on learning time: SATISFACTORY
- Address health and safety issues: SATISFACTORY
- Improve leadership: SATISFACTORY
OES Inspection Reports:
- Follow-Through Inspection Report, March 2021
- Full Inspection Report, November 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, November 2019
- LIFE partners with Early Childhood Association on Thrive By Five literacy programme (May 4, 2021) - LIFE has partnered with the Cayman Islands Early Childhood Association to bring Thrive By Five, a groundbreaking new Early Years literacy programme, to select preschools in Cayman.
- ‘Thrive By Five’ to promote literacy among Cayman’s preschoolers (April 14, 2021) - Local nonprofit LIFE is partnering with the Cayman Islands Early Childhood Association to foster a love of language in the country’s youngest children, even before they learn to read.
- Precious Gems improves rating to ‘Satisfactory’ (March 26, 2021) - Precious Gems Preschool has made 'Satisfactory' progress on all recommendations from Office of Education Standards inspectors, in areas involving programmes, teachers and management.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands preschools (January 6, 2021) - These 2 infographics show the inspection results for Early Childhood Care and Education Centres, as well as schools that offer 'Early Years' education.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 26 March 2021