Address: 169 Poindexter Road
Key Contact: Principal Trish Taylor
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 343
% Caymanian Students: 97%
% Special Education Needs: 28%
Number of Teachers: 19
Number of Support Staff: 13
Student-Teacher Ratio: 18.1 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 10.7 : 1
Age of Students: 5 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $7,038
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, February 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, February 2019
- Prospect Primary remains ‘Satisfactory’ (June 9, 2021) - The school's ratings fell in 3 of 18 individual areas of assessment and remained the same in all the others.
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
- The Department of Education Services (DES) Hosts the 16th Annual Amin Mohammed Steel band Competition (May 21, 2021) - The John Gray High School Auditorium came alive with the melodic sounds of steel pan music on Saturday night as the Department of Education Services hosted the 16th annual Amin Mohammed Steel band Competition.
- Red Bay Primary School Wins Inter-Primary Sports Meet (March 25, 2021) - Red Bay Primary School won the 2021 Inter-Primary Schools Sports Meet ahead of 19 other schools.
- Crowded classrooms or empty hallways? A Current analysis of public school enrolment and capacity (March 15, 2021) - Grand Cayman’s public secondary schools are at more than 90% of their maximum capacity, meaning that they could accommodate fewer than 200 additional students who wish to enrol.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 14 September 2021