Address: 169 Poindexter Road
Key Contact: Principal Trish Taylor
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 343
% Caymanian Students: 97%
% Special Education Needs: 28%
Number of Teachers: 19
Number of Support Staff: 13
Student-Teacher Ratio: 18.1 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 10.7 : 1
Age of Students: 5 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $7,038
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, February 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, February 2019
- Public school enrolment and capacity, updated for Fall 2021 (October 29, 2021) - We've updated our earlier analysis of public school enrolment and capacity to reflect September 2021 student numbers.
- New Prospect Primary principal resigns (October 7, 2021) - Patricia Taylor resigned just one month into her tenure at Prospect.
- COVID update: Virus detected at Savannah primary (October 5, 2021) - Students from Red Bay Primary and First Baptist Christian School have now tested positive for the virus.
- Households directed to quarantine in relation to classrooms with multiple COVID cases (October 3, 2021) - Public Health confirms that multiple students have tested positive for COVID-19 at Prospect Primary, John Gray and Triple C.
- More students test positive for COVID (October 1, 2021) - Six students and one preschooler have tested positive for COVID-19, the government reported Friday.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 14 September 2021