Address: 271 Shamrock Road, PO Box 380, Grand Cayman, KY1-1502
Key Contact: Dr. Vickie Frederick
Inspection Date: January 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 439
% Caymanian Students: 75%
% Special Education Needs: 3%
Number of Teachers: 18
Number of Assistant Teachers: 12
Number of Specialist Staff (Spanish/Music/PE): 3
Student-Teacher Ratio: 24 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 14 : 1
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $6,577
OES Inspection Reports:
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
- Weekly Current, 17 May 2021 (May 19, 2021) - Inside view of Cayman schools from chief inspector, exam results for special needs students, explore high school test scores, and more!
- Investigation launched into ‘alleged misconduct towards students’ at Red Bay Primary (May 7, 2021) - Reports of "alleged misconduct towards students of the Red Bay Primary School" have sparked an investigation by police and the Department of Children and Family Services.
- Analysis: Student performance varies widely at public primary schools (May 3, 2021) - How prepared a student is for high school could depend on which public primary school they attend.
- Red Bay Primary School Wins Inter-Primary Sports Meet (March 25, 2021) - Red Bay Primary School won the 2021 Inter-Primary Schools Sports Meet ahead of 19 other schools.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 16 February 2021