Address: 271 Shamrock Road, PO Box 380, Grand Cayman, KY1-1502
Key Contact: Dr. Vickie Frederick
Inspection Date: January 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 439
% Caymanian Students: 75%
% Special Education Needs: 3%
Number of Teachers: 18
Number of Assistant Teachers: 12
Number of Specialist Staff (Spanish/Music/PE): 3
Student-Teacher Ratio: 24 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 14 : 1
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $6,577
OES Inspection Reports:
- Red Bay Primary begins new school year with acting principal, ‘ongoing’ police investigation (September 7, 2021) - Four months since law enforcement began looking into reports of alleged misconduct toward students at Red Bay Primary School, the investigation “is still ongoing”.
- Red Bay Primary Update: Three months on, investigation continues (July 27, 2021) - Law enforcement continues to investigate reports of alleged misconduct toward students at Red Bay Primary School, first made public in early May.
- Analysis: The dos and don’ts of religion in public schools (June 28, 2021) - In the absence of written guidelines or rules, it appears that school leaders have broad discretion in terms of the promotion or display of religion within Cayman government schools.
- Red Bay Primary Update: Investigation ‘still ongoing’ (June 21, 2021) - Officials are still investigating alleged misconduct toward students at Red Bay Primary, more than 6 weeks after the matter was referred to police.
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 16 February 2021