Address: 271 Shamrock Road, PO Box 380, Grand Cayman, KY1-1502
Key Contact: Ryan Dale
Inspection Date: January 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 439
% Caymanian Students: 75%
% Special Education Needs: 3%
Number of Teachers: 18
Number of Assistant Teachers: 12
Number of Specialist Staff (Spanish/Music/PE): 3
Student-Teacher Ratio: 24 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 14 : 1
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $6,577
OES Inspection Reports:
- Red Bay Primary update: More than one year later, misconduct investigation ‘still ongoing’ (June 24, 2022) - More than a year since law enforcement began looking into reports of alleged misconduct toward students at Red Bay Primary School, "The investigation is still ongoing." In the meanwhile, Ryan Dale has been serving as acting principal in place of longtime principal Vickie Frederick.
- O’Connor-Connolly: Public Nursery classes still on government’s agenda (June 14, 2022) - The Cayman government still intends to establish Nursery classes in all public primary schools, starting in Grand Cayman with Red Bay Primary School.
- Data Report 2021: Performance varies greatly among public primary schools (May 3, 2022) - The level of student performance varies significantly among Cayman Islands public primary schools, with differences in results only partly explained by assessments of students’ pre-existing “thinking abilities”, according to the Education Data Report 2021.
- Red Bay Primary School Retains Title as Inter-Primary Sports Champion (April 13, 2022) - Red Bay Primary School amassed 284.9 points to retain its title as Inter-Primary Schools Sports Champion for the fifth consecutive year.
- Many of Cayman’s teachers ‘exhausted’, ‘burnt out’ by COVID pandemic (April 8, 2022) - Teaching in the Cayman Islands during the COVID-19 pandemic has been, in a word, ‘exhausting’. Many of the country's teachers say their current workloads are simply not sustainable, according to school inspectors' reports.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 27 October 2021