Address: Town Hall Rd, West Bay, Grand Cayman
Key Contact: Mrs. Jovanna Wright
Inspection Date: November 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 505
% Caymanian Students: 92%
% Special Education Needs: 30%
Number of Teachers: 55
Number of Support Staff: 27
Student-Teacher Ratio: 9.2 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 6.2 : 1
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $7,094
OES Inspection Reports:
- Minister for Education Tours Several Schools (May 28, 2021) - Education Minister Juliana O’Connor-Connolly embarked on a three-day ministerial tour of some government schools on Grand Cayman in mid-May.
- Analysis: Student performance varies widely at public primary schools (May 3, 2021) - How prepared a student is for high school could depend on which public primary school they attend.
- Candidates go big: The boldest education ideas from the 2021 campaign (April 12, 2021) - Should the education system be governed by a regulatory body instead of the ministry? How about a single ‘education czar’? Should every Caymanian receive universal free education from preschool to college? What about merging Cayman’s local universities?
- Red Bay Primary School Wins Inter-Primary Sports Meet (March 25, 2021) - Red Bay Primary School won the 2021 Inter-Primary Schools Sports Meet ahead of 19 other schools.
- West Bay West candidate Mario Ebanks: Integrate public school system (March 15, 2021) - Ebanks said public school schools should be integrated by allowing non-Caymanians to attend.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 15 February 2021