Address: 599 Walkers Road, Grand Cayman
Phone: (345) 949 9250
Key Contact: Mr. James Hickey, Mr. Peter Embleton
Established: September 1971
Inspection Date: December 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Private, Religious
Number of Students: 698
% Caymanian Students: 57%
% Special Education Needs: 20%
Number of Teachers: 80
Number of Support Staff: 5
Student-Teacher Ratio: 8.7 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.2 : 1
Age of Students: 3 to 18 years
- Nursery to Year 6: $9,266
- Year 7 to Year 11: $10,719
- Year 12 & 13: $12,533
OES Inspection Reports:
- St. Ignatius names new Principal (April 29, 2022) - British educator Simon Testa has been named as the next Principal of St. Ignatius Catholic School, beginning in August 2022.
- Inspector flags ‘significant concerns’ at St. Ignatius related to staff well-being, leadership vacancy, school governance (February 17, 2022) - Leaders and staff at St. Ignatius Catholic School are highly committed to the school and its students, but the challenges of COVID-19 have left them "feeling burnt out, exhausted, and requiring counselling support".
- Principals: New COVID policy effective, testing supply a challenge (November 5, 2021) - One week into the government’s new strategy for COVID-19 in local schools, education and health officials are racing to keep up with demand for ‘quick-response’ testing kits amid a cascade of cases among students and staff.
- Schools’ COVID response: Assurances, optional masks, limiting crowds (September 10, 2021) - Following Thursday’s confirmation of two positive COVID cases in the Cayman Islands community, schools emphasised existing health procedures but also took steps to limit crowds of students indoors.
- An interview with … Martin Nugent, Principal, St. Ignatius Catholic School (2 of 2) (June 3, 2021) - New Principal Martin Nugent discusses the challenges facing St. Ignatius, plans for the future and last year’s turmoil over school leadership.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 14 September 2021