Address: 599 Walkers Road, Grand Cayman
Phone: (345) 949 9250
Key Contact: Mr. Martin Nugent, Mr. James Hickey, Mr. Peter Embleton
Established: September 1971
Inspection Date: December 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Private, Religious
Number of Students: 698
% Caymanian Students: 57%
% Special Education Needs: 20%
Number of Teachers: 80
Number of Support Staff: 5
Student-Teacher Ratio: 8.7 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 8.2 : 1
Age of Students: 3 to 18 years
- Nursery to Year 6: $9,266
- Year 7 to Year 11: $10,719
- Year 12 & 13: $12,533
OES Inspection Reports:
- An interview with … Martin Nugent, Principal, St. Ignatius Catholic School (2 of 2) (June 3, 2021) - New Principal Martin Nugent discusses the challenges facing St. Ignatius, plans for the future and last year’s turmoil over school leadership.
- An interview with … Martin Nugent, Principal, St. Ignatius Catholic School (1 of 2) (May 28, 2021) - New St. Ignatius Principal Martin Nugent talks about his background, initial impressions of Cayman, and welcome into the St. Ignatius community.
- New Principal for St. Ignatius (March 4, 2021) - A veteran British educator has been named as the next Principal for St. Ignatius Catholic School.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands preschools (January 6, 2021) - These 2 infographics show the inspection results for Early Childhood Care and Education Centres, as well as schools that offer 'Early Years' education.
- Inspection results: Comparing Cayman Islands primary schools (January 1, 2021) - This infographic shows the primary schools’ inspection results in 18 individual categories, as well as the overall school rating.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 28 May 2021