Back to the Schools Explorer homepage
Address: 64 Condor Road, Bodden Town, Grand Cayman
Phone: (345) 947-2288
Key Contact: Ms. Kimberly Watler
Inspection Date: December 2020
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 269
% Caymanian Students: 97%
% Special Education Needs: 27%
Number of Teachers: 14
Number of Support Staff: 10
Student-Teacher Ratio: 19.2 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 11.2 : 1
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $7,462
OES Inspection Reports
- HMCIPS Hosts Funday for Theoline L. McCoy Primary School (July 10, 2022) - Children from Theoline L. McCoy Primary School in Bodden Town were delighted with festivities at an end of year fun-day, hosted by the Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service Football Club and Welfare Committee on Friday, 1 July.
- COVID: Cayman schools dealing with student absences, learning loss (May 28, 2022) - Cayman Islands schools have been trying to manage COVID-19 related absences and associated learning loss during this school year, with varying degrees of success.
- Theoline McCoy focusses on student well-being, learning gaps during COVID (February 21, 2022) - At Theoline L. McCoy Primary School, COVID has placed additional pressures on teachers and led to learning gaps among students. During the pandemic, the school's main focus has been on student's well-being.
- Procurement issue leads to switch in contractor for Bodden Town school hall (January 20, 2022) - A procurement issue led the government to switch contractors to build the new Bodden Town primary school hall, the latest hiccup in the process to construct the 'long overdue' facility.
- Schools’ COVID response: Assurances, optional masks, limiting crowds (September 10, 2021) - Following Thursday’s confirmation of two positive COVID cases in the Cayman Islands community, schools emphasised existing health procedures but also took steps to limit crowds of students indoors.
*Editor’s Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 22 February 2021