Address: 10 East West End Road, Cayman Brac
Key Contact: Paul Samuel
Inspection Date: May 2021
Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Type of School: Public
Number of Students: 66
% Caymanian Students: 86%
% Special Education Needs: 44%
Number of Teachers: 9
Number of Support Staff: 6
Student-Teacher Ratio: 7.3 : 1
Student-Staff Ratio: 4.4 : 1
Age of Students: 4 to 11 years
Annual Cost Per Student: $13,349
OES Inspection Reports:
- Full Inspection Report, May 2021
- Full Inspection Report, January 2019
- Summary Inspection Report, January 2019
- West End Primary still ‘Satisfactory’ (June 10, 2021) - West End Primary School retained its overall rating of 'Satisfactory' in its recent inspection, with grades increasing in some individual categories and declining in others.
- Analysis: Student performance varies widely at public primary schools (May 3, 2021) - How prepared a student is for high school could depend on which public primary school they attend.
- Crowded classrooms or empty hallways? A Current analysis of public school enrolment and capacity (March 15, 2021) - Grand Cayman’s public secondary schools are at more than 90% of their maximum capacity, meaning that they could accommodate fewer than 200 additional students who wish to enrol.
- New playing fields for Cayman Brac primary schools (February 28, 2021) - On Saturday, Cayman Brac's Creek & Spot Bay Primary Schools celebrated the official opening of their new playing fields.
- Cayman Brac & Little Cayman Primary Schools Host Combined Sports Day (February 10, 2021) - Primary schools across Cayman Brac and Little Cayman came together to host the annual Cayman Brac & Little Cayman Inter-Primary School Sports Day with students from each school competing in either of two houses - the Hornets and the Chargers.
*Editor's Note: Information sources include Office of Education Standards, Office of Auditor General, school website, communication with school, and/or other sources such as Cayman Parent or Cayman Resident. We strive to keep information as current as possible (i.e. tuition, number of students, etc.) but this is subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, corrections or updates.*Last Updated on 14 September 2021