Minds Inspired and local media houses joined together to run a free, 7-day journalism and media summer camp in August for students ages 14 to 17.
The purposes of the summer camp were to help make the 14 participating students more discerning consumers of media, and to sow the seeds of interest in journalism and media as a possible career path.
At the end of the camp, students created their own journalism projects to be published by local media, including the Cayman Current.
Photos from the camp
On social media
In the Current
- EdBeat: Episode 11 (September 2, 2021) - In this episode of EdBeat, we talk about what we did this summer, changes in local education leadership, and why there's so much school traffic in George Town.
- Journalism and Media Summer Camp inspires young reporters (August 31, 2021) - In partnership with seven local media houses, Dart’s Minds Inspired facilitated the launch of a new summer camp to introduce high school students to the world of journalism and media.
- Farming 345 (August 31, 2021) - Student journalists visit the Hamlin Stephenson Market at the Cricket Grounds and report on the local agriculture industry.
- Traffic, an unsolvable problem? (August 31, 2021) - Student journalists evaluate possible proposals to alleviate traffic in Grand Cayman.
- The truth about teen vaping in the Cayman Islands (August 31, 2021) - Student journalists report on the increasing popularity of e-cigarettes, including among local teenagers.
- Traffic woes in Cayman: A fixable problem? (August 31, 2021) - Student journalists report on causes of and possible solutions to local traffic issues.
- History Revisited (August 31, 2021) - Student journalists visit the Cayman Islands National Museum and report on the country's seafaring history.
- Weekly Current, 29 Aug. 2021 (August 31, 2021) - New school year, new education leaders, Enterprise Cayman sponsors TVET/STEM mini-doc, sneak peek at journalism camp projects, and more!
- Weekly Current, 8 Aug. 2021 (August 10, 2021) - Overseas students gather after COVID year, PACT lauds education actions, our first TVET/STEM project sponsor, high school Dart Scholars, and more!
- Minds Inspired, local news industry to host Journalism & Media Summer Camp (July 8, 2021) - Minds Inspired and local media houses are joining together to run a free, seven-day journalism and media summer camp in August for students ages 14 to 17.